Wish You Were Here

Wish You Were Here

"This weather seems to be doing that to people," she said as she took me to start a procedure. "Everyone's pain seems worse today." The cold and damp and post-Christmas-break stress must be taking a toll on lots of people!

20" x 20" 
painted with the finest quality (artist's) acrylic heavy-body paint
3/4" deep canvas, edges painted black
ready to hang

Click here to purchase via my website. 


I decided that for my second challenge painting of January 2017, I would try a loose, abstracted landscape. I always love seeing them when others have painted them. I took a photo from a place where I like to walk in the summer time and worked to simplify the image until I was happy with the abstract value sketch, then off I went! I had a blast painting with a HUGE (yooge?) round stencil brush. There is a lot of varied color and texture in this painting. It reminds me of how much stronger and better I feel when I am getting in my appropriate exercise - especially if it is outside when it is warm! So, this title is kind of aimed at myself. I wish I were there. 

Comfort seems to be what I am wanting - warmth, strength, and enjoyment. This past Sunday, Psalm 25 was read, and the familiar words warmed my heart as I listened and concentrated on the words. Here is a section that I especially enjoyed. 

Psalm 25: 4 - 5
"Make me know Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
For You I wait all the day."

Comments