O Come, O Come, Emmanuel

O Come, O Come Emmanuel
"Do you think you'd have time to go with me?" I asked my Dear Husband. We were sitting together working out our scheduling for the days he would be off work this Christmas season. (Today is his last day off for this break - rats anyway!) I have several appointments scheduled, and one of them was making me nervous. "Would you like me to come? I think I should be able to be there," he said. Well, call me a wimp, but it just made me feel a lot better to have his support and help to tackle this tough assignment.


22" x 28" 
painted with the finest quality (artist's) acrylic heavy-body paint, 
on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
ready to frame  
Click here to view or purchase on my website.

This painting is on a background that is entirely underpainted with iridescent gold, and then with an abstract, colorful landscape that is allowed to barely be seen here and there through the surface treatment of the work. The movement from top to bottom with descending and scattering objects reminds me of the surprising introduction of the Heavenly ones into the daily walk of the shepherds, carpenters, and young girl so many years ago. It also represents the unexpected interaction of GOD in my own daily life. 

I started this painting before Christmas - actually quite a while before Christmas - and just finished it today. My thoughts this year during the Advent season have been on GOD, Himself being with us and entering our dark sphere in human skin. I have felt like an onlooker at the outskirts of Bethlehem when Jesus Christ was born, and the angels announced His arrival to the shepherds there. I am in awe of His unearthly person interrupting our daily struggle - Someone so immense and beautiful shrinking Himself to fit into our walk and schedule and pain. Someone to go with us to tackle this tough assignment called life. 

Micah 5:2 “But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
Too little to be among the clans of Judah,
From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel.
His goings forth are from long ago,
From the days of eternity.”


Matthew 1:23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which translated means, “God with us.”

Comments