Pooh Sticks

Pooh Sticks
"There is Pooh Sticks Bridge," said my daughter as we were driving near the house we used to live in. It is not really a bridge at all - it is really a large culvert where a creek connects with a lake. We loved to walk with our kids and our dog down to watch the water and give the dog a bath and play Pooh Sticks. 

SOLD


9" x 12" painted with artist quality heavy-body
 acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper

Ready to frame 


I love to think back on the times when the kids were small, and I am thankful for the time we had playing Pooh Sticks. Sometimes, when the future seems especially dark and the current of time seems to be curling and rushing relentlessly toward a crashing, foaming future, I want to remember to play my Pooh Sticks. To enjoy each day - today - and catch the beauty of it.  To celebrate! 

Lamentations 3:22-23
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
   great is Your faithfulness.

One of my favorite paintings ever won an award and was purchased by one of "my collectors". Since it has been sold, I have several other people interested in it, and disappointed that it was gone! (Not necessarily people ready to purchase, but they did want to see it on display.) Well, this painting is quite a bit smaller, but very similar to the one that sold. 

Comments