Falling In Love Again

Falling in Love Again
"Could you come and speak to a group Friday morning at 7:30?" the text reads. WHAT!? I am almost never decent by 7:30. I am in my artist 'uniform' at that time, and it would definitely not benefit ANYONE to see that in public! This has been a very interesting week - and maybe just a tiiiny bit overwhelming - and so very promising at the same time. 



16" x 20" painted with artist quality, heavy-body
 acrylic paint on canvas, unpainted sides

Ready to frame 

As I have looked back at my paintings for the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge that Leslie Saeta is hosting, I am seeing 'new' colors and composition. (Still lousy photography skills, but... ) It is exactly one of the reasons I have participated so many times. I learn a lot, and I remember that I love to paint. Each time, I return to the studio, reexamine color theory, composition, line, shape, value, and so on, I find my love of painting rekindled. 

This same concept is found in the New Testament book of Revelation in the early part of the book where a group is called to remember what they did at first - to return to their first love. I am learning - slowly sometimes! - that in order to return to my first love, it is helpful to do the things I did when I was 'falling in love'. And this is true whether I am returning to the studio, or returning to fall more and more deeply in love with my Heavenly Father. I am so glad He gives me the key to returning to my first love for Him!

Revelation 2:4-5a "But I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first"   

Comments