No Place is So Dear

No Place is So Dear
Oh dear, I hate being trite! I really tried to come up with a different name for this abstract landscape, but it just looks so much like a "church in the wildwood". 



11" x 14" painted with the finest quality (artist's) acrylic heavy-body paint, on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper

Ready to frame 

Comment for more info or to purchase


I am beginning to think that my theme for this January '30 paintings in 30 days' challenge is going to be recycling old paintings, and maybe venturing into more abstract landscapes, too. I am not sure about that part... My guess is that it won't be long and I will be just dying to get back to abstracts! 

Painting on old, recycled paintings means that the surface has interesting textures, and sometimes the color from previous work shows through. I love that about reworking older work!  I have been reading from the Old Testament book of Isaiah, and I am in a section where GOD speaks of renewing his children, Israel. In the New Testament, He promises that he will remake me, too. I wonder if little bits of texture and color of this old me will still show through. I bet they will, and He will make me beautiful. 
reference photo


Isaiah 66:1-2
' “Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool.
Where then is a house you could build for Me?
And where is a place that I may rest?
“For My hand made all these things,
Thus all these things came into being,” declares the Lord.
“But to this one I will look,
To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word.'

Comments

  1. Looking through your posts for the New Year I'm delighted and inspired by your work and your words. You are a blessing to my day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment