Wednesday, January 4, 2017

No Place is So Dear

No Place is So Dear
Oh dear, I hate being trite! I really tried to come up with a different name for this abstract landscape, but it just looks so much like a "church in the wildwood". 

$150.00 plus $5.00 shipping and handling

11" x 14" painted with the finest quality (artist's) acrylic heavy-body paint, on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper

Ready to frame  



I am beginning to think that my theme for this January '30 paintings in 30 days' challenge is going to be recycling old paintings, and maybe venturing into more abstract landscapes, too. I am not sure about that part... My guess is that it won't be long and I will be just dying to get back to abstracts! 

Painting on old, recycled paintings means that the surface has interesting textures, and sometimes the color from previous work shows through. I love that about reworking older work!  I have been reading from the Old Testament book of Isaiah, and I am in a section where GOD speaks of renewing his children, Israel. In the New Testament, He promises that he will remake me, too. I wonder if little bits of texture and color of this old me will still show through. I bet they will, and He will make me beautiful. 
reference photo


Isaiah 66:1-2
' “Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool.
Where then is a house you could build for Me?
And where is a place that I may rest?
“For My hand made all these things,
Thus all these things came into being,” declares the Lord.
“But to this one I will look,
To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word.'

2 comments:

  1. Looking through your posts for the New Year I'm delighted and inspired by your work and your words. You are a blessing to my day.

    ReplyDelete