Not Lose Heart

Not Lose Heart
This painting surprised me! As I was working on yesterday's discipline of a painting a black and white painting, I 'wiped my brush' on a prepared panel. I often do since I love the textures that come from built up layers of paint - not to mention the 'happy accidents' that happen!

I was loving the softness and black and white contrast I was developing on the panel, and decided to save it and mull it over for a while. I thought I wanted to add some kind of very soft color accents. This morning, I thought of trying to paint a rainbow and maybe some sky.

In my studio, I have large crystals hanging in the window. I have loved this idea ever since I read the book Pollyanna as a child - I stole her idea. :) Anyway, this painting looks like many of my paintings do when the refractions from the window swing over them. 

NLH; vertical, different lighting
A verse that comes to my mind when I am looking at this is Galatians 6:9 (NASB) "Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary." My hope is in the GOD of the Bible and HIS promises. 


18" x 24"  acrylic on hand prepared wood panel

Comments