Earth

Earth
Today I am working on a commission (yes!) and also trying to do a daily painting, and also trying to rescue a large painting that doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me! It has been interesting, and fun, for the most part.

I have a girl in my extended family who is handicapped. She will probably always have the mind of a kindergartener, and she is 19 now. Although she cannot learn to read, and she has a tough time getting along in 'society', she has a very interesting, gentle way with animals. At least, with chickens! At one time, there was a chicken on the farm that had no legs, and it was pecked and pestered by the other chickens. This meek, gentle girl had a way with this bird, though. It was her favorite. 

I always think of her when I read this verse.
Matthew 5:5 (NASB) “Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth."


Or, in another translation: Matthew 5:5 (AMP) "Blessed (happy, blithesome, joyous, spiritually prosperous with life-joy and satisfaction in God’s favor and salvation, regardless of their outward conditions) are the meek (the mild, patient, longsuffering), for they shall inherit the earth!"

SOLD
6" x 6" acrylic on panel

Comments