Wellspring

Wellspring
What a dramatic week this has been! The weather has suddenly gotten quite hot at our house, and we have actually been able to mow the whole yard because it has not rained much for about 3 days in a row. I saw no standing water anywhere in our yard for a change.  (We still have standing water in our pasture and covering the trail that goes to our woods. I am waiting not-very-patiently for the trail to be clear enough to go back there. I love walking in the woods.) 

Not only has the yard returned to a more normal state, but daily life in the Stichter house seems to be slowly regulating too. I have been able to be in the studio painting and also working on my computer and paperwork more than I have for a long time. I am thankful! 


40" x 30"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

Click here to purchase via my website.

Titling paintings can sure be tricky. On this one, I even asked my kids for suggestions. I wanted to try to capture what was being communicated by my brush, whether or not I intended to let it be seen. My dear daughter suggested "God is faithful when we only see chaos/darkness/fog and He comes through when we haven't seen what's been going on behind the scenes".  Yep. I can see that. And it sounds an awful lot like my other recent paintings. 

I decided that I wanted to name it something that represented the chaos/darkness/fog that we have experienced this spring, but also that all has been well with us. The word 'wellspring' came to mind, and I decided to google it for a proper definition and also to see whether it is considered an archaic word. (I am fairly certain that I don't hear it in daily conversation very often.) Look what I saw when I did! 

well·spring
/ˈwelˌspriNG/
noun
LITERARY
noun: wellspring; plural noun: wellsprings; noun: well-spring; plural noun: well-springs
  1. an original and bountiful source of something.

    "sadness is the wellspring of creativity"

So, yes, Wellspring is a good name for this painting!

Philippians 4:19-20 And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Comments