Wait My Soul

Wait My Soul
"My soul, wait in silence for God only..." This first phrase from Psalm 62 has been going through my head almost constantly for months. Wait. Wait in silence. In some respects, that concept brings peace, and in some it brings a certain restlessness. "But Father," I think, "have you noticed all those THINGS happening around me?"

And this painting has been on my easel for months. If you follow me on Instagram, (brendakaypaintings) you have probably seen an unfinished version of it before. It has been waiting for me to figure out the next step. 

 
24" x 24"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

Click here to purchase via my website

A combination of a couple of compositions, and a lot of colors, and a fairly busy look overall - these things are all reminders to me of the complexity of things that our family has faced in the last months, and actually, just life in general. As I thought about how to show 'wait in silence', I wanted to use horizontal lines. But as you can see, the lines are not smooth and straight and solid. My waiting isn't either. 

The circles - are they moving up or down? Are the bright spots breakthroughs or distractions? 


Wait. Hope. Trust. Rest. Refuge. Wait. Wait. 

Psalm 62:5 - 8 (NASB)
My soul, wait in silence for God only,
For my hope is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be shaken.
On God my salvation and my glory rest;
The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Comments