Road Trip Study

Road Trip Study
"Sorry Canada, your vista is boring," was the title on one of the Instagram photos my daughter posted while we were driving to Alaska in May. To tell the truth, the highway we drove in Saskatchewan didn't have a lot of features that stopped the traffic. (Well... we were the only traffic, so...) But I LOVED Saskatchewan! The mile after mile after mile of dormant fields, the long, straight road (another IG post of my daughter's showed our GPS telling us to go 963 miles, then turn right), and especially the occasional abandoned building in the long grasses. I really wanted to get photos of that, but I missed it. 

I am not really sure what caught me about that landscape, but I think I felt rest. It was quiet, stark, maybe lonely, but I loved it. 

SOLD
4" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website. 

It made me think of this passage from the Old Testament that I have referenced recently, and that I have been memorizing:
Psalm 62:5 - 8 (NASB)
My soul, wait in silence for God only,
For my hope is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be shaken.
On God my salvation and my glory rest;
The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah.

This painting is only 4" x 6", and is one of three that I started with this same plan in mind. I am working with my Golden Open Acrylics, which will take some practice for me! They are acrylics that dry more slowly, and it just takes work for me to figure out how to interact with them. Then too, I don't paint that many representational paintings these days. (Maybe some day I will post some of my old work that is all representational...) 

So be watching for a few more of these landscapes in the next little while as I get the hang of this new (to me) kind of paint and as I continue to reflect on our time away as a family. 

Coram Deo. 

Comments