Revisiting Zephaniah

Zephaniah; please excuse the chair arm in the corner!

"I have been thinking about painting over that one," I said to my Beloved Husband. 

"I don't think you should. That one is iconic of your earlier style," was part of his response. As I looked at it, I realized that there is a lot of truth in that statement, and probably it would not be good to cover over the evidence. ;) It was painted in 2014, and here is the original blog post. 


24" x 30"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on hand-made, prepared wood panel
Framed

Comment or contact me to purchase. 

My kids introduced me to learning about the study of personality types called the Enneagram. (I am fairly sure I have expressed that poorly, and it is partly because I have only scratched the surface of understanding what they have studied more in depth than I have.) One thing I think I have learned about 'my number' is that clutter invades my need for space, and that leads me to consider getting rid of old paintings! Just so you know, my Beloved Husband does NOT share that characteristic, and he tells me he likes having my art everywhere in our home. 

I still do like this painting. It was, and is an interesting picture of much of the Old Testament book for which it is named. Here is a quote from the original blog post about this painting: "I wanted to suggest both water and promise, wildness and rainbows."

Comments