Benediction

Benediction
Now this one was fun to paint! As you might remember me saying, studio work has been, well, WORK lately. It has been quite a while since the hours just melted away while I painted, but today it happened. I really loved painting this! 

SOLD 😊

30" x 40"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

Click here to view on my website.

Benediction is an expression of the blessing, hope and joy found in Jesus Christ in the midst of suffering and sorrow. It has been painted during some recent family heartaches, but in spite of these heartaches, GOD has brought about beauty from the bitterness.

I started this painting with my favorite composition, the cruciform. I try to work with a lot of different compositions for different purposes, but the cruciform is a go to for me. I like to use it as a basis for my paintings in part because the cross-like structure represents the importance in my life of the cross of Jesus Christ. In the same way that a composition is a structure and a starting point for a painting, the grace and mercy of GOD is a structure and starting point for my life. 


I so much wish you could really see the details and color better than you can in the photos of this painting. So much of the fun and expression comes in these things. The colors are variegated and every part of the painting has detail and texture. It has been in progress for quite a while and every day I have added or changed or painted over things in the painting. It has been a work in progress. It reminds me of this verse from the New Testament. 

Philippians 1:6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. 



This work was displayed as part of an exhibit in cooperation with Makers & Mystics in Denver, CO October through November of 2019.

Comments

Post a Comment