Exciting News!

Prayers & Promises, 2020
 Well, what a delightful piece of news I have to share with you! My 2020 painting, Prayers & Promises, is a finalist in a national art competition, and will be published in a magazine celebrating acrylic painting! 

"Congratulations! One or more of your images has been selected as a FINALIST by our special awards juror, Marcia Burtt, in our AcrylicWorks 10: The Best of Acrylic art competition.
As a finalist, your artwork will be published in a special issue of Artists Magazine set to hit newsstands in September 2023."

Well, I might be just a bit excited about that! Let me share with you, my blog readers and newsletter subscribers, a preview of  the caption that I sent in to be published with this painting. 

Prayers & Promises
Acrylic on canvas
36” x 36” 

Since a blank white canvas can be paralyzing to face, I have begun "activating my canvas" with words of hope. The underpainting on this work, starting with that first layer of words and color, is complex and deeply layered. At the top of the canvas, it said The LORD is near, and further down were the words prayer, peace, and some huge, painful prayer requests. I saw peace and petition represented in a landscape, and I painted the calming horizontal lines of color and the upward reaching grasses. I love the way hope is expressed, even in showing anxiety being covered in prayer and peace, and how the color from the struggle shows through, but serves to make the painting more beautiful. Philippians 4:5 - 7

This painting is still available from me and you can click this link to see it on my website, with a couple more photos included there. 

Philippians 4:5-7
 Let your graciousness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Comments