Gotcha!

Gotcha!
This week has been spectacular weather for spring in northern Indiana, and I have loved being outside! I can tell quite a difference when my vitamin D (or I like to call it vitamin S for sunshine) is boosted, and that sun on my skin just changes my attitude dramatically. 

$48.00 plus shipping and handling
6" x 4" x 3/4" deep
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on cradled wood panel

I have had very enjoyable mornings walking in the woods, and painting en plein air this week too. But there has been one problem. I have been unable to capture the bright light of the sunrise coming through the spring woods in a way that I felt was even kind of close. I was up early, trying to photograph it. I was out for several hours trying to paint it, and I just could NOT get anything that felt right. 

But today, I feel like this little abstract is close, so I am calling it Gotcha! I especially notice the way the light comes through the woods because there are fewer leaves, and also the way it looks green or yellow because of all of the baby leaves on the trees. It feels so fresh to me. I hope you can feel those things in this painting. 

In my Bible reading this week, I came to 2 Samuel 7. What I loved in this Old Testament chapter was David's humble, joyful response to God, even though God had told him that his son Solomon would be the one to build the temple that David had wanted to build. But God also gave David some promises for the future.  2 Samuel 7:18 "...Then King David went in, sat in the Lord’s presence, and said, 'Who am I, Lord God, and what is my house that you have brought me this far? ' "  I just love to picture David expressing his thankfulness in this way. In a way, I feel thankful in a similar way - who am I that I get to paint? It makes me feel humble and joyful, too. 



This painting will be available to my newsletter readers first this week, since I won't be putting it on my website for a day or two yet. Please contact me if you are interested in this little spring painting. I sure wish you could see the colors in person!

Comments