Bright Hope, 2022, and Bejeweled, 2022

Bright Hope, 2022.
You may notice I am sharing a couple of paintings you have seen before. I have a medium/large abstract painting (36” x 24”) on my easel that I thought was going to be finished in time to include with this week’s newsletter, but I just want to give it a little more time – some more careful looking and considering before I am sure it is finished. 

Bright Hope, 2022.
48" x 18"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.8” deep gallery wrapped canvas
Edges painted black

Psalm 33:21-22 For our hearts rejoice in him
because we trust in his holy name.
May your faithful love rest on us, Lord,
for we put our hope in you.

These two paintings returned home after being exhibited for the last couple of months, and several other paintings went out to other exhibition opportunities. Right now our walls are relatively bare, with many unsold works being out in shows and competitions. 

I am sure that some people might imagine an artist’s life being long hours each day in front of an easel with music playing and quiet, focused solitude. Well, that is certainly my favorite part of being an artist, but most artists I know spend many hours marketing, shipping, attending receptions and openings, hanging exhibits, moving artwork, answering emails, volunteering at art centers, researching opportunities, and so much more. Sometimes it can feel like it is difficult to find studio time at all! Please don’t imagine that I am complaining about those parts of being an artist – each of them has its own bright characteristics. 

Bejeweled, 2022.
Bejeweled, 2022.
24" x 24"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas
Edges painted black

John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful."

If you check my upcoming events at the bottom of my newsletter or under the Events tab on my website, you will see that I have a lot of opportunities coming up soon. Will I have a chance to meet some of you during the next several busy months?


Comments