Fortitude and Rough Going Over There

Fortitude, 2017
Only one blog post this week, but I want to share two paintings you may not have caught when they were first released. 

16" x 20"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on deep, gallery wrapped canvas
Ready to hang


I can't remember whether I have shared this painting often, but it is a favorite of mine for the autumn. It was first released on my daughter's birthday one year, and it includes a lot of her favorite colors and is titled with one of her favorite words, Fortitude. And I would say that fortitude, as a characteristic, is one of her strong suits!

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures


Rough Going Over There
And second, I was happy to see that this little painting from 2016 was selected as a BoldBrush Fav15 painting for October. That means it is in the top 15% in this huge online competition, though not necessarily in the mind of the judge! I had noticed that lately abstract works that were very landscape oriented have been awarded, so I chose several paintings to enter with that idea in mind. Don't you think this painting would look great larger? Interestingly enough, I find it very difficult to enlarge or copy an abstract painting. Somehow the color and freedom and the FEEL of the painting are usually lost. 

10" x 10"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

At the risk of seeming to complain, I just want to add that fortitude has certainly been required of me for the recent rough going over here as I am waiting for my ankle to heal. 

Coram Deo.

Psalm 18:34-36
You have also given me the shield of Your salvation,
And Your right hand upholds me;
And Your gentleness makes me great.
You enlarge my steps under me,
And my feet have not slipped.

Comments