Across the Pasture en plein air

 
Across the Pasture en plein air

Earlier this year, as you might remember, my Beloved Husband and I headed to New Mexico so that I could attend a convention for plein air painting. (Painting outdoors) I had never done much of this kind of painting, but we had wanted to visit Santa Fe for a long time, so when the opportunity arose, we chose to go. I did learn a lot while I was there, and started practicing more plein air painting when we returned to an unusually busy summer. 

Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

In spite of the full load of commitments we were under, I was able to go out quite a bit to paint. Quite a few times, I was painting on our own property, and it was a delight! (I am actually looking forward to getting out there again when my ankle heals, though it will probably be cold enough that I will wimp out.)

I hope you can see enough detail on this painting to appreciate the colors and brush strokes that express my view of the pasture and neighboring place. I was in one of the far corners of the pasture and had set up under a walnut tree to do this painting. 

Since I have not been able to be out much lately, it really feels odd if I go outside to see the beauty of fall colors and feel the cool temperatures. But, what is even more unbelievable to me,  I believe there was s**w at my mother's home this morning. Boy, I am NOT ready for that! However, as King Solomon wrote in his poetic book in the Old Testament, Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—

Until next time, Coram Deo. 

Comments