Do you remember this painting?

Broken, 2021. 
Do you remember Broken, this large painting on a broken canvas? Maybe you remember that this canvas was damaged in shipping (and quickly and generously replaced by Jerry's Artarama), and that I was ready to discard it, but my Beloved Husband suggested I paint on it as it was. He saw the potential for beauty in its brokenness before I did. 

The photo really doesn't give you a good idea of this painting. The colors blend together in interesting and lovely mixes and shapes, which are not very clear in the picture. You cannot really see the sparkling metallic accents which represent both broken dreams and hopes, but also God's plan to bring about something glorious from the broken. 

48" x 18"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.8” deep gallery wrapped canvas (that is broken)
Available, $1300.00
Contact me for more information.

Our daughter has a sweet kitten that is a "wobbly cat". Have you heard of this before? It is technically called cerebellar hypoplasia, and I had never heard of it, but at least in this kitten, it is an endearing disability! The condition is present from birth and is not painful or degenerative. Love, (the kitten was named Love when our daughter got her) almost never sits still, and is so fun to watch. She has a pretty mild case of CH, and just looks a little off kilter most of the time. I absolutely love the videos my daughter sends us of this kitten. 

I love that the disability in Love, like the broken canvas in my painting, just makes her more delightful. What a surprising gift from the Heavenly Father to make something wrong into something precious and beautiful! It is a reminder to me that He will take what is broken and disabled in my life and, sooner or later, make it shine for His own glory. 

Ecclesiastes 3:10 I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. 12 I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; 13 also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil—this is God's gift to man.


Sketches from the recliner

Process and detail photos of Broken



Comments