O Christmas Tree

O Christmas Tree


What inspires you to make whatever it is that you make? I hope you make something, and that you know at least a few ways to get your creative fire lit so that you are eager to make that thing!

This painting came about by my looking at other art that I like. I saw something that might not even remind you of this painting if you saw them side by side, but it made me see the Christmas tree painted in this style in my mind's eye, and I was eager to see what I could make! 

As I mention every now and then, paintings are often much more interesting in person than  in a photo on a screen. This one has lots of texture and has iridescent marks on the tree that I could not figure out how to capture with a camera. I wish I could show them to you!



11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame


My friend came today to see some of my paintings, and she just left my house. Part of our discussion while she was here focused on the limited scope of our recognition of the revelation God gave to us humans. With her arms wide apart, she spoke of the creation and revelation of Himself that God has given, and then with hands close together referred to the amount of that revelation we can take in, even though He has given revelation specifically in human terms. We spoke of God as revealed by the prophets in the Old Testament and then as revealed in the incarnation when Jesus became fully human, but was fully God. Such enormous concepts!

Hebrews 1:1-3 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.


In a feeble way, I see a connection with this painting I want to share with you. This photo of my painting is a representation of what I have made, but the screens and computers that are receiving it cannot begin to see the scope of what is there. It would take seeing it in real life to really comprehend it. I know, it is a stretch, but I hope you can see the connection. And I hope you can see this work in real life sometime, too. 

Comments