Another look at Incarnation, 2013

Another long time favorite painting of mine that IS on my website is Incarnation, a painting from 2013.  As is often the case, I am surprised that this one is still available, but then I remember that it hasn't been seen very often! 

11" x 14", image plus white border
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

I have not yet found my focus for this year's Christmas, but by this time in 2013 I was already focused on this concept of incarnation, as you can see in this painting's original blog post here.  The way the earthy, rich color cuts through the lighter tones seems so effective for this idea. 

A passage from my daily Bible reading that has started to nudge my imagination also highlights Jesus' incarnation. 
Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact expression of His nature, sustaining all things by His powerful word. After making purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high

Doesn't that just make you want to paint when you think about that? It sure does me! 

Comments