Another relatively unfamiliar piece from the archives

I Would See Jesus

 I finally got my nativity collection out yesterday. The boxes had been out since Thanksgiving, and were driving me crazy. I had a new painting from a fellow artist hanging near them, and somehow it just didn't look quite right to me. So I started reviewing some of my older work to see what would fit with the theme, and I found I Would See Jesus, from 2017. This painting fits in so well with the grouping, and brings so much color into the room!

11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on gallery wrapped, deep canvas

It is yet another work that is not featured on my website, and can be purchased through the original blog post here

Though the painting was painted in September of that year, I think it is particularly fitting for this years celebration of the coming of Jesus into our world. "I Would See Jesus" seems like what I would expect to hear from the shepherds and wisemen, of whom we read in the gospel recountings of Jesus' birth, and also of Simeon and Anna a short time later when Jesus was first brought to the temple by his parents. (Luke 2: 21 - 38)


Luke 2:28-32
Simeon took Him up in his arms, praised God, and said:
Now, Master,
You can dismiss Your slave in peace,
as You promised.
For my eyes have seen Your salvation.
You have prepared it
in the presence of all peoples—
a light for revelation to the Gentiles
and glory to Your people Israel.


Luke 2:38
At that very moment, she [Anna] came up and began to thank God and to speak about Him to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.

Comments