Favorite works that are still available

Boardwalk 1
click here for original blog post



After a wonderful, delightful time with our kids this past weekend, my studio time has been shorter than I prefer. (Have I been saying that every week lately?) With that in mind, I decided that for a few days at least, I want to share some of my paintings that have been "off the grid" since they were painted several years ago. I am posting some on social media, and want to continue with my blog and newsletter here.

Today I want to start off with these three paintings, each inspired by the same place. Near our home, there are several walking paths available to the public, and one of them includes a boardwalk that crosses an area of cattails and trees. I have enjoyed walking this trail for several years, and in fact, I got to walk there this morning! 

Psalm 24:1 (NASB) The earth is the Lord’s, and all it contains,
The world, and those who dwell in it.

Boardwalk 1 & Boardwalk 2
11" x 14", image area 10.125" x 13.125" with white border
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Comment or contact me for more info or to purchase

Boardwalk 2
click here for original blog post



Boardwalk 1 & 2 were both inspired, at least in part, by bark and shapes on bare trees. I am just in awe of the creativity and variety that can be seen even as winter approaches! I tried to capture some of the feel of the shapes and textures, but of course, I played with the color. I love the nod to comic strip art in these two paintings, with the dark outlines of varying widths. I should consider painting more in this style, since I like them so much. 

Psalm 16:5-7 (ESV)
The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
    you hold my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
    indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
   in the night also my heart instructs me.




This next painting, Revivre, is one of my earliest abstract works, and might be the first time I tried painting nature in an abstract way. I had noticed on an early spring walk that even though most of the plant and animal life was still colorless as winter, there were hints everywhere that the full blaze of summer was on the way. 

Revivre
click here for original blog post


The title is, I believe, a french word, and came from a brief internet search. It evidently means "
revivre. vi. [personne] to come alive again. [traditions] to be revived. faire revivre [+mode, institution, usage] to bring back to life." I hope I understood and used it correctly, but I wouldn't put money that! 


11" x 14" acrylic on panel
Contact me to purchase

Psalm 51:12 (NASB)
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and sustain me with a willing spirit.


These three paintings are not listed on my website, but would be available by commenting or emailing me. If you would enjoy another dose of color, please visit and browse on my website for a while! If you click on the paintings tab, it will bring you to these collections, Most Recent Works, Abstract Works, Under $250, Representational Works, and Sold Works . 

I hope to "talk to you" more this week and remind you of some of the paintings that you might never have met before! 




 

Comments