Boardwalk 1

Boardwalk 1
As I walked on the local boardwalk through the marshy area and high water, some dead trees caught my eye. 

In spite of the lack of color on my walks this time of year, I am still in awe of the Great Artist - the Creator. I love the patterns that I see everywhere. As an abstract painter, I often consider which kind of shape will express any particular concept, and I find my imagination a bit weak. I can think of the geometric shapes I learned in kindergarten, and the shapes of leaves and animal footprints. But I am so inspired when I see all of the shapes and patterns in creation. 

I stopped on my walk to record the beautiful and surprising shapes that could be seen in the decaying trees. I found it so stimulating to see shape, line, value, and texture in these otherwise unexciting objects. 

Here is a verse that comes to my mind. Psalm 24:1 (NASB) The earth is the Lord’s, and all it contains,
The world, and those who dwell in it.



11" x 14", image area 10.125" x 13.125" with white border
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Comment for more info or to purchase

Comments