Some exciting updates

Every Good Gift
BoldBrush July 2021
1st prize for abstract

If you have followed me for long, you know that now and then I tell you about work in my studio that is not cooperating, or is not finished when I had hoped it would be. And I have also told you about how I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork and computer time spent as a "full time artist". Well, today my painting on the easel is not ready, so I am sharing virtually (for which privilege I am very grateful!), completing paperwork for upcoming in-person events, and hopefully also painting and prepping canvases for my next paintings. And I am taking this opportunity to update you about lots of recent happenings. 

Some very exciting news, which you may have already heard if you follow me on social media, is that this painting, Every Good Gift, was awarded the first prize for abstract by the BoldBrush painting competition! This is a huge monthly competition with 2500 or more paintings entered, and I feel so honored to have been awarded this prize. Part of what strikes me is that, had I not done my daily work - my painting, posting, and paperwork - I would not have even been part of this competition. It was the small steps of faithfulness that led to the award. (Not to mention the good gift from my loving Heavenly Father!) And it is a big encouragement to me to keep on doing what I have been called to do. 

Last year, my son Jake wrote a guest post on my website blog about the idea of patronage for the arts. I think that having that idea rolling around in my mind was part of what encouraged me to sign up with the Porchlight network, which is a network for arts + hospitality started by Renew the Arts. As one of the hosts in this large network, we were privileged to have a home concert last week featuring 3 artists from Nashville in our family room! Gabrielle Grace was the "headliner" with Cory Hale accompanying her, and the concert opener was Kevin Campbell. It was an evening of music and community with many of the audience having a lot of things in common, and with lots of time and space for interacting with these friendly musicians. (And the best part for me was having my daughter Brittany home for the event! Such a delight!)
A little more art news: in the coming weeks I will be taking work to the Indianapolis area for the SALI National Abstract Exhibit, and the Fort Wayne Art Guild pop-up gallery will be reopening at Jefferson Pointe mall. I hope to see you at one of these venues. 
 

Comments