A swing and a miss

Restore Me


"We are rebranding our office and I am really wanting to capture a magical dancing feel..." One of several swing-and-a-miss contacts in the last little while, this was a message from a potential new collector who was interested in one of my paintings. I have been trying to decide whether these almosts are encouraging or discouraging. Since I get to choose, I will choose to be so thankful that someone was interested in giving one of my works a new home. 

Whatever It Takes

Today I got on the road early for another swing-and-a-miss; I missed a deadline for getting my paintings to one of the venues where they will be exhibited! I was very embarrassed about missing my deadline. I think it is so challenging to keep all of my ducks in a row when working on administrative details, family responsibilities, and the inner drive to paint. 

In this venue, sometime during the last year, a volunteer curator contacted me with great excitement telling me that TWO of my paintings were about to be sold! She had talked to two different people, and she was just sure they were coming back to get those works...  I must admit, I felt more discouraged than I should have when no one came back to look at or take home those two works. But what a treat that they saw and enjoyed my paintings. 

I truly am encouraged by these contacts. It really means a lot to me to know that my work that I love is meaningful and enjoyed by other people too. As I loaded the car this morning with the belated submissions, I was so thankful for the opportunities I have. (By the way, if you want more information about any of the paintings in this post, you can click on the linked titles of the paintings to visit my website.)



The Wordless Book


And, for goodness sake, I have had so many wonderful things happen in my art journey in the last little while! Each one of you who reads my blog post or newsletter is one of the delightful encouragements and privileges of being an artist. Thank you so much!



Comments