Abstract 026 wins a prize, and upcoming Open House

 
Abstract 026 diptych

Sunday afternoon my Beloved Husband and I attended one of the very few live art events of this year, an artist reception and award ceremony. I was excited that my diptych, Abstract 026 was chosen as the first prize winner! The gathering was quite small, and we were all masked, and lots of protocols were in place to keep us as virus-free as possible. 

SOLD
22"  x 44" for diptych
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on acid-free watercolor paper
Framed in simple frames
(For purchasing options, contact me.)

Oh my goodness, it was so good to "talk shop" with a couple of the other artists! We talked about our businesses as artists, and how the pandemic has impacted us. As you probably would guess, the repercussions are broad and varied. 

Abstract 026b
(click here for original blog post
 for this part of the diptych)
One of the things I have decided to do as I try to combat the negative effects of the lock-downs is to offer an open house/studio from now until Christmas by appointment only at my home and studio. If you live near me and I have your snail mail address, you may have already gotten an invitation from me. (If you would like one, contact me! I will gladly send one to you.) My idea has been that at any time between now and then, those who want to see my work in person can make an appointment and come to see the work at our mutual convenience. I already have one appointment set up, and another one or two are pending. I do hope that people will take advantage of an opportunity to come and see what I have worked on this past year or more without having to face crowds. 

This afternoon, I got a phone call from an angel. Well, she is the girl who married my nephew, but I am pretty sure she is a GODsend to our family. She helps my mom with so many things, and is just a blessing to every single member of the family. 

She told me that she very much enjoyed being in my home with my paintings, and hearing me talk about them, and suggested an idea that would allow people who cannot come to my open house to attend virtually - an Instagram Live event! I had not even considered that idea, but I love it. So during the next few days, I will be planning and announcing the day and time, and I hope you will join me for my Virtual Open House! 

Abstract 026
(click here for original blog post 
about this part of the diptych)

 Since I am new to the technology, I am sure there will be a steep learning curve, but I plan to show you a lot of the work hanging throughout my home, and then tell you the stories behind some of the paintings. There is always so much more to say about each painting than I put in the blog posts. Leading up to the big event (which I have not yet scheduled - be sure to watch for that day and time announcement!), I plan to do a few shorter Instagram Live posts to invite more people to attend. If you do not already follow me on IG, my user name is brendastichter, oddly enough. Please follow me there, and watch for the Live event.

Comments