Abstract 026 - diptych part A

Abstract 026a
"You can study for renewing your flight instructor certificate, and I will work on my blog, my newsletter, updating my website, uploading paintings... " My Beloved Husband and I were on a weekend get-away that was (supposed to be) work oriented. We stayed on a harbor on Lake Michigan where we had huge windows with a view of a marina and a little outdoor seating area. Oh, it was so satisfying to sit and look at the water, and to listen to the rain. I got a lot done, if you count soaking in beauty and spending precious time with my Beloved. Not so much if you are checking up on my computer work!

Sold
22"  x 22", part two of a diptych 

painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on acid-free watercolor paper
Framed in simple frame



This painting is the first part of a diptych, with the second being posted tomorrow. (At least, I think it will be!) When I first started abstract painting, I tried a little triptych in these colors that is still one of my favorites. I decided to try to refer to those little paintings to make a bigger set. It was such a pleasure to work on this. (To purchase the diptych, contact me directly.)

As I think about our 'work retreat' this past weekend, this section of the Psalms comes to mind: 
Psalm 127:1 "Unless the Lord builds the house,
    those who build it labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
    the watchman stays awake in vain.
2 It is in vain that you rise up early
    and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
    for he gives to his beloved sleep."

Or, as another version says it, 
Psalm 127:2 (NASB)
"It is vain for you to rise up early,
To retire late,
To eat the bread of painful labors;
 For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep."


Marina view


Comments