New Every Morning #35

New Every Morning #35
Today we have had a fairly heavy snowfall, and once again I am so glad that snow is white and not some other color! It was breathtaking this morning to see the snow covering every single object outside. Nothing was left uncovered that was open to the snow. (I feel like that would preach!)

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to purchase via my website.

The snowy, gray-white mornings are beautiful, but the other morning, as the clouds started to roll in, I got a text from my Beloved Husband, who was on his way to work. "Sun." That is all he said. (And honestly, since he was DRIVING with one arm completely immobilized in a sling, I am not even sure how he did that!) The sky was mostly shades of deep blue, but the sun was a bright orange ball peeking through, with maybe a thin line of orange along the horizon. Dazzling. 

Especially in the last while, the beauties of God's natural world have been refreshing. I have not been outside nearly as much as I would like to be, so I am very thankful for large windows at our home that look out on our pasture and woods. And I love seeing the sunrise almost every morning. The incredible beauty, the same-but-different-ness of snowflakes, sunrises, bare trees, dormant plants - these things seem to encourage me so much! 

Again, same but different encouragement comes from this verse that I have chosen for this series of small paintings. 

Lamentations 3:22-23 "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."

Comments