Thank You My Pink Friend

Thank You My Pink Friend
"I sat in my sand chair reading articles about erasing wrinkles, getting rid of under-eye circles and the best ab exercises. Then I started watching this woman. The magazine I'm reading would never feature her. If they did, she might be the "Don't" picture. But I watched as she went back and forth from the shore to her best friend under an umbrella. They laughed uncontrollably, told amazing stories and I couldn't help but wish I was their friend too. There was so much enthusiasm for LIFE in this woman who thought a shocking pink swim suit was the perfect choice for her. I can only aspire to that. So I put down my magazine and realized the best thing I can do is watch and learn. Thank you my pink friend." Lisa Barry

My former roommate from college is now a Public Figure - Lisa Barry on Air, and w
hen I asked her if I could use the photo she had taken for reference and her Facebook post about it in my blog, she said, "Sure thing! It would be an honor." She has been a radio personality for years, probably ever since college, and I consider it a privilege to have 'known her when'. Lisa has always had a great sense of style, and in fact, I remember asking her trying to bring me a little style back in the day. She also has always had a great sense of humor and a tender heart for GOD and for people. 

20" x 20"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to purchase via my website.

I really wanted to express a few things with this painting. I want to show my respect for this lady, and I, too wish she and I were friends. Yes, I wanted the joy and color to be there, but I also wanted the painting to show that she is taking the long view by living in the moment, happy being on the beach with her friend. I would love to convey that this is the view that is approved by my Heavenly Father in this passage.
With palette knife for size reference

Philippians 4:4-7 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your graciousness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Comments