Replacement Emerald

Emerald Replacement
 A couple of years ago for a painting challenge, I painted abstract expressions of stones found in the Bible, and I grouped some of them in frames. A few of those original paintings have since sold, and I chose today to paint one of the replacements - an emerald. 

As I did when I first painted emeralds for this project, I did a little looking at photo references and some information about the use of emerald in the Bible and the rest of history. It is still an interesting study. This time I learned that Cleopatra was evidently obsessed with emeralds. I wish I could see photos of her with her jewelry!

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame

Click here to purchase via my website.

Can you see the iridescent gold in this photo? It is so pretty! If this painting is not purchased individually, it will become a part of a really cool grouping of paintings that represents the foundation stones in the New Jerusalem. We have them framed in a square that hangs from the ceiling by fishing line, so it appears to be suspended in mid-air.  

Revelation 21:19 - 20 "The foundations of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone:
the first foundation jasper,
Hanging presentation of the group of stone paintings 
the second sapphire,
the third chalcedony,
the fourth emerald,
20 the fifth sardonyx,
the sixth carnelian,
the seventh chrysolite,
the eighth beryl,
the ninth topaz,
the tenth chrysoprase,
the eleventh jacinth,
the twelfth amethyst."

Comments