An Interesting Place

"Great color and use of negative space. It’s finished no need to add anything more. It looks confident." My friend and fellow artist, Mike, is someone I count on for good input when it comes to art. He has been a successful artist for years, and he can see what works and doesn't work in a painting. I had emailed him with this painting, saying, "Here is an under painting I started, and its feeling finished! ... Just stop at an interesting place, right?" When I had a chance to talk to him, I mentioned that I kept looking at this one, and just couldn't bring myself to paint over it. One of the art theories that Mike subscribes to is similar to this quote by Paul Gardner: "A painting is never finished – it simply stops in interesting places."


20" x 20"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

Click here to purchase via my website.


In a few weeks my Beloved Husband and I will  be traveling to one of two art events I have coming up. One is in North Carolina and one is in Colorado. I expect to be in North Carolina where I will have the opportunity to take some workshops and develop my art muscles (and also buy supplies at great prices!) I think it is important to continue learning all the time, don't you? Whether we end up in Denver or in Raleigh, it will be an interesting place! 





Comments