New Every Morning #29

New Every Morning #29
 There is a gallery that I follow on social media that is planning an exhibit based on the Inklings, a literary discussion group associated with Oxford in the 1930s through the 1940s. I have been very interested in working on something for this exhibit, and the other day I thought I had it! I was excited about painting a work based on G. K. Chesterton's book, Manalive, and started to do a bit more research before starting. I found to my disappointment that Chesterton was not a member of the Inklings (though I bet they discussed his work!)

I decided to start working on the concept anyway, and maybe I will use this start as I plan my Inklings painting too. This playful work is kind of a taste of what I think I will pursue on that project. I could call it a study, but I think that is too much of a stretch for where I am headed. When I do paint the Manalive painting, I will share more of what inspired me in that book. Until then, I will just suggest that you try reading it, and see whether you can see the connection. 

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame

Click here to purchase via my website.

Today was beautiful, and walking in our woods was one of the things I fit into my day. Wow, it is spectacular there - as always! It makes me aware of my blessings to go for a walk there, and makes me feel alive and... vivid. I know vivid shouldn't be used that way, really, but it is true for me. (Look up synonyms for vivid - they are rich!) As I thought about how variegated and colorful and full of life our woods is, I realized that there is a good connection between my walking there today, and the Chesterton book. There is a wild liveliness and a peculiar beauty in both places. This delight brought me once again to the Bible passage for my painting series, New Every Morning. 


Lamentations 3:22-23 "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."


Comments