Comfort II

Comfort II
"I would like you to take the afternoon to rest," my Beloved Husband told me. He can definitely tell when my medical condition acts up, and he does all he can to help me through it! We still can't seem to head it off well, but rest does help when I am struggling. As my head reached the arm of our old leather couch, I was thinking of the comfort it brings. Both the couch, and the care my Beloved Husband gives me. I couldn't help but think of the verses in 2 Corinthians that talk about comfort. The browns in this painting are the browns in that comfortable couch. 

2 Corinthians 1:3 Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort. 


12" x 12"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic  paint on cradled wood panel
Edges painted black
Click here to purchase via my website.

There are two main things that this painting is expressing, and they are found in two Bible passages. Both passages are related, in that they have the idea of suffering as a backdrop for the letter being written. They also feel personally applicable to some of my current situations, but I am well aware that my life is FAR more at ease and comfortable than the lives of those to whom these Biblical letters were written!

1 Peter 1:6-9 (HCSB) You rejoice in this, though now for a short time you have had to struggle in various trials  so that the genuineness of your faith—more valuable than gold, which perishes though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. You love Him, though you have not seen Him. And though not seeing Him now, you believe in Him and rejoice with inexpressible and glorious joy, because you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.


Different lighting
Precious. The sparkle of the iridescent paint, interference paint, and natural mica all make me think of precious - more valuable than gold. As you may recall, I often use these paints and media to reference GOD in my paintings. The reference to gold refined by fire - faith refined by trials - is part of what I was working on here, with the sparkle and shine showing from behind the "dust and ashes" of the brown and smoky black. I love the richness of the complementary colors (blue and orange) and the neutrals (brown, black, gray). The juxtaposition of the comfortable browns with the excitement of the sparkle and shine in the background of this painting remind me of "rejoice with inexpressible and glorious joy". 





Comments