Rain Down

On Thursdays I get up extra early most of the time. My Beloved Husband goes to meet some of his friends for breakfast at 5:45, so we are out of bed around 5:15. Of course, it would be a great time for me to sleep in, but usually I feel like I should get up. This morning I "slept in" until about 5:45 before getting moving, and then I headed to the studio earlier than usual. 

I have actually had some more time in my studio during the last week - more than I have had in quite a while - and I have been working on several paintings. I have at least 4 large paintings in process and probably 10 small ones. It is so much fun to know that I can head in there and find a piece that is ready for the next step. And it also means that every day I have something to share on my blog and website. 

NLA 
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.

This little painting is one I was working on at the same time as the Emerald Replacement painting and yesterday's New Every Morning painting. All three were on my drafting table at the same time, and it amazes me how different each of the three is from the others. As this one developed, it made me think of where I had been reading in the New Testament last week, 1 & 2 Peter. Peter uses the words precious and glory a lot in his letters, and these terms have fired up my imagination with what a heavenly reality must be like. GOD Himself must be shining and beautiful, and someday, I will be too, because I will see Him as He is. What a glorious, precious hope! 

1 John 3:2 Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when He appears we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is.

See also: Isaiah 45:8 “Shower, O heavens, from above,
    and let the clouds rain down righteousness;
let the earth open, that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit;
    let the earth cause them both to sprout;
    I the Lord have created it."

Comments