A summer full of art!

For Unto Us
 at Lakeland Art Association
While I haven't had much studio time in these last weeks, still a lot of art happenings have occurred that I want you to be aware of! I currently have art hanging in the Lakeland Art Gallery as part of a joint exhibit between Lakeland Art Association and another gallery in a nearby town. It is a favorite piece (that has been spoken for already), called For Unto Us. 
Progressive #4, Art From the
Heartland, Indianapolis Art Center






Another of my paintings is on display in a regional exhibition called Art From the Heartland at the Indianapolis Art Center. This exhibit was fairly competitive, and I feel honored to be part of it. Since this competition had to be entered quite a while ago, this painting has been listed as 'On Hold' for quite a while, including during my Open House. 



Weed or Flower?
BoldBrush Fav15%


I moved my website recently to an organization that hosts artist websites. One of the perks of having my site hosted by them is that I have a chance to enter monthly online painting contests. (I love the opportunity to have outside critique and insight from art professionals, and that is one big reason I enter competitions and exhibits.) Through this platform, my work has twice been chosen as a top 15% work, and I have been featured and 'retweeted' by them. They also chose my work to include in a newsletter about abstract artists to watch. So exciting for me! 







Good Friday
Honorable Mention
Oakton Foundation
Another interesting competition I entered is the Oakton Foundation Visual Art Competition . This organization is interested in artwork done by Christians that can be understood as having a Christian message without being what I call 'kitschy' art. I was honored to receive an Honorable Mention for Good Friday, a painting I did during the Easter season. 



Three of my paintings are currently in Fort Wayne, IN being juried in or out of a competitive exhibition called Ventures in Creativity. I am hoping that all three make it into the exhibit, of course, and am looking forward to the opening reception because I always enjoy seeing all of the good artwork! 

I am waiting for notifications from a few other exhibits and competitions now, too, as well as preparing for a juried art fair (that has accepted my work) in Fort Wayne, IN, the Arts Festival at Jefferson Pointe. Also, I will be the docent at the Lakeland Art Association Center in Warsaw, IN Thursday, June 28. Maybe you can plan to visit the LAA gallery or the art fair and see me there! 

Comments