If You Could Just Smell These Roses!

If You Could Just Smell These Roses!
If messy hands are truly an indicator of having had a good day, then BOY did I have a good day! Getting back in the studio after an event or time away is always challenging, and this time has been no different. You know, it is difficult to face those canvases and paints again - can I still remember what I am doing? Yesterday the painting won, so today - roses! Oh, I wish you could smell them! They are the lovely old-fashioned ones, and I don't think anything smells better! 


22" x 30"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to purchase from my website.

When I am off routine, (do I sound like a kindergarten kid?) I find it tough to connect with my Heavenly Father the way I want to, too. It was great to spend a bit more time reading my Bible again today, and writing in my journal. I even *ahem* sang a bit! (I used to sing a lot, but in the past several years, I have been playing instruments at church, and I just don't sing as much. And, sadly, use it or lose it is quite true!) I sang two versions of Ephesians 4:32 - one that my sister wrote years ago to teach her kids, and one that ends with "doot doo, doodely doo, Ephesians 4:32". 

Ephesians 4:32 "Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God, for Christ's sake, has forgiven you." 

I also read a couple of excerpts from C. S. Lewis that I want to share: "And when God made space and worlds that move in space, and clothed our world with air, and gave us such eyes and such imaginations as those we have, He knew what the sky would mean to us. And since nothing in His work is accidental, if He knew, He intended. We cannot be certain that this was not indeed one of the chief purposes for which nature was created..."  And a bit more: "For he who does the will of the Father shall know the doctrine. Irrelevant material splendours in such a man's idea of the vision of God will do no harm, for they are not there for their own sakes." The idea I am gleaning and enjoying here is that nature - for all we can tell - is created to draw us to Him. 

So, if you could really see these roses, and if you could smell them, I hope they would draw your attention to the Creator of all of this beauty, like they are doing for me today! 

Coram Deo. 

Comments