The Waters

The Waters
Like so many other people I know, I have 'a thing' for the ocean, or a big lake, or a running stream or waterfall, or, really, almost any water! When we visit the water, I can sit for literally hours watching the waves. I lived on a lake for part of my growing up years, and loved it then, too, but I think I may have taken it too much for granted. 


SOLD
6" x 6" on cradled panel

One of the things that is so fascinating about water is the way it changes in different circumstances. I remember skating on the lake almost every day in the winter, and great times snowmobiling when the water had turned to ice. I remember being stuck out there on a sailboat with no wind when the friend with me had to get to work. I remember watching the blue water turn green and gold and gray during a storm. I loved whitecaps and swimming and canoeing. 

As I read in the Psalms recently, I came across a couple of passages that described 'the waters' responding to GOD. Psalm 77:16-19 is one place where HE moves in a storm on the water. It is awesome to me. 

Hinds Feet On High Places by Hannah Hurnard is another book that I have been reading lately, and part of the story takes the young girl along the sea shore. In this allegory, each stage of the girl's journey to the High Places represents part of my earthly journey as I follow my Savior, Jesus Christ. I enjoy the book very much! 

I hope this painting reminds you of your very favorite place on the water!

Psalm 77:16 - 19 (New American Standard Bible)
The waters saw You, O God;
The waters saw You, they were in anguish;
The deeps also trembled.
The clouds poured out water;
The skies gave forth a sound;
Your arrows flashed here and there.
The sound of Your thunder was in the whirlwind;
The lightnings lit up the world;
The earth trembled and shook.
Your way was in the sea
And Your paths in the mighty waters,

And Your footprints may not be known.

Comments