Declaration

Declaration
Today I returned to my first love in the studio... ABSTRACT! Ahh, how I love it! I love to get filthy hands (check) and turn my canvas around and around to find the best look, (check) and try to make my paint respond to the painting and the concept in order to communicate an idea. 

I have been thinking about getting older today. Some days are great, and then there are some... Interestingly enough, the Psalm I read today was written by an old person. As I age, my prayer is that I will finish well, and will share the glory, power, and beauty of my GOD. 


SOLD


Surprisingly, I even wrote a poem about my thoughts. Want to hear it?


When I am old and gray,
When my strength fails,
When confusion and slowness and sloth
Shadow my steps,
YOU.
When I am young and gray,
When my strength revives,
When cheeriness and desire and drive
Design my direction,
YOU.
YOU.



Psalm 71:17-18 (Amplified Bible) O God, You have taught me from my youth, and hitherto have I declared Your wondrous works. Yes, even when I am old and gray-headed, O God, forsake me not, until I have declared Your mighty strength to [this] generation, and Your might and power to all that are to come.

Comments