Silence and Praise

Silence and Praise
Silence and praise are two things that have been emphasized in my Bible reading lately. As I have mentioned in other blog posts, I am currently reading in the Psalms - usually one Psalm a day. It is odd for me, because I often like to read several chapters in a day, so this approach slows me down, quiets me, and often fills me with praise and awe for GOD.

22" x 30"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on hand-made, prepared wood panel
Ready to frame

This painting has a lot of vertical movement and line, which to me suggests a curtain or veil. In one area, the 'veil' is separated - opening to show what is hidden behind it. There are layers upon layers, sometimes showing through, but more often covered. The large, three-ring shape is iridescent, and can only be seen when the light is right. (see below) The most exciting and beautiful part of the painting is where one can see through all of the veiling to the color and movement behind it.
 

This spring, there is color and freshness and fragrance all around me. It is beautiful when I slow down. But it doesn't come close to the glory that radiates from the Creator! I pray the veil will be pulled back from my eyes, and I will see HIS beauty more clearly than ever before. 

Coram Deo.

Psalm 65:1 (Amplified Bible)
To You belongs silence (the submissive wonder of reverence which bursts forth into praise) and praise is due and fitting to You, O God, in Zion; and to You shall the vow be performed.

Psalm 63:1-2 (New American Standard Bible) 
O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly;
My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You,
In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.

Hebrews 1:3 (Amplified Bible) He is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God’s] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high

Comments