One Thing

One Thing
As sometimes happens with larger, more involved paintings, the composition, color, and concept in this one changed as I worked on it. I had one idea in mind, but as the work developed, it seemed to go a different direction!

By the time the work was finished, I had one concept that kept coming to mind as I worked. 'One Thing'. 

The painting is so involved and busy. Some parts of it remind me of a crossword puzzle. If you could see the painting up close, you would see that almost every square inch has complex color or texture or interest. So much to see.

I kept thinking about how our world seems to be going crazy - ripping at the seams. How there are so many things to do every minute of the day; so many good things that seem to be important. How those I love are going through many different trials, from medical issues to unemployment to separation from loved ones. How many people are being persecuted for their faith in many places all over the world.

But over and over, it seemed, I heard 'One Thing'. So I went to the Bible to find the one thing. The thing that kept returning is the idea of keeping my eyes on Jesus. Here are several references: 2 Cor. 11:3Phil 3:13Prov 3:5 - 6Hebrews 12: 1-2.  Maybe the most direct, for me, is this one:

Psalm 27:4 (New American Standard Bible)
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord
And to meditate in His temple.

SOLD
3' x 4' abstract acrylic on panel with simple black frame


Comments