Riches

Riches
There is a workshop in my area scheduled for September that has me very excited! An abstractionist has some work in a gallery about an hour from me, and I have really admired his work. I recently got an email telling me that he will be giving a workshop - and it is so close to me! I am really looking forward to learning from him! 

I have been painting very thin layers lately, enjoying the way the acrylic reacts to the texture of the gesso below. But I have wanted to get back to painting with heavy layers now and then. I really enjoyed the messy process with this painting!

I am working on what my theme will be for a 30 in 30 painting challenge, and am considering a different approach to my work. I expect to often paint without as much explanation of my method and reasoning. I would love your feedback on this different approach, by the way. 

The verse that is inspiring this painting today is:
Eph 1:18 (New American Standard Bible) I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints

SOLD
$150.00
12" x 12" acrylic on watercolor paper
 

Comments