That Time I Tried Plein Air Painting on Pikes Peak

That Time I Tried
Plein Air Painting on Pikes Peak
Maybe you remember my story of how I tried plein air painting on Pikes Peak last September. We were on our way down from that (literally) breathtaking site when we were pulled over by park rangers because our brakes were overheating, so I got out my plein air kit and was soon 'in the zone'. 

Just a short time into my painting, my Beloved Husband said, "I think that was thunder," and we barely got me packed up and to the car before the fury broke out. 

$250.00 plus shipping and handling
12" x 9"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on panel
Framed

Until today, I hadn't decided whether to leave the painting in its unfinished state because of the fun story, or finish it. I guess it STILL has a good story. 

The trip up Pikes Peak was both beautiful and scary for me, since we drove our own car up the narrow, winding road. (How often do cars go off the edge there, I couldn't help but wonder.) In some ways, the trip down was even more intense because of that storm that came up so very quickly. We experienced sunshine, rain, snow, hail, and wind all within just about a half hour, and my understanding is that is not at all uncommon there. In spite of my white knuckles, I am so glad we did it! 



Comments