Winter Sunrise and Chronicles

Winter Sunrise
 On Sunday, my Beloved Husband and I attended the delayed reception for the Autumn Member Show at Lakeland Art Association, which is the local-est art group that I attend. It had been postponed due to a failed furnace - brr! This painting, Winter Sunrise, was awarded third prize there, which seems fitting since it is a chilly scene. It does surprise me when my more representational paintings win awards. 

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Framed to 12" x 12"

The painting is currently available at the Lakeland Art Association gallery, through mid-December (though if you REALLY want to get it for a Christmas gift, you could contact me and I can try to work that out!) The photo reference that I painted from is from frigid Minnesota where I still have family living. I feel the cold just looking at it!

Chronicles

And just today, I brought home this painting after it had been exhibited in Indy for the SALI National Abstract Art Exhibition XIX. It is wired to hang either vertically or horizontally, but I am sorry to say, I don't know which way it was exhibited since I was unable to attend the reception and show. 

48" x 18" 
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.75” deep gallery wrapped canvas
Edges painted black

I love the colors and the movement in this painting. Though it was painted in response to a dream (see the original blog post here), I feel like it is fitting as I look forward to Christmas, too. I am glad it is back for this season. 

Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
and your ways are not my ways.”
This is the Lord’s declaration.
“For as heaven is higher than earth,
so my ways are higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Comments