Christmas Glory

Christmas Glory
This morning I prepared and underpainted six substrates for new work. I don’t know why, but I feel an urgency to continue painting at a more intense pace than I have in the past year or so. Of course, in the last year I was sidelined for quite a while with an injury, and spent several months working on a large commission, the Hope Project, which I loved! 

This small painting is my first new release since I finished the Hope Project. I am releasing it here on my blog and on my website, but it might not be available for long. This little work is what I call a progressive painting; a painting that I paint, release, and then, if it has not been purchased, paint a new layer, which usually completely changes it. This one has already been through two layers, and was released on social media only. Do you see how different it looks in different lighting? I think that is so beautiful. (By the way, if you would like to follow me on social media, my Facebook business page is Brenda Stichter, artist, and my Instagram is brendastichter. ) 

This current iteration of this progressive painting focuses on Christmas, on glory, and on precious small gifts. In nearly every layer of the work I have used metallic gold paint. To me, the gold represents Christmas, glory, and preciousness, and as always, it represents the presence of God. 


John 1:14 The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. We observed his glory, the glory as the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

$48.00 plus shipping and handling
6" x 4"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on cradled panel

So why this urgency? Why do I feel that I MUST paint more? I cannot say for certain. But I am sure that I still want to show people the love and hope found in Jesus Christ, and if my paintings can communicate that, then that is reason enough! 


Comments