The Power of Hope, from The Hope Project

The Power of Hope
The Hope Project
 A companion piece with Hope Filled, The Power of Hope is the second of five paintings commissioned for a local hospital. Oh, I do love this painting! I can feel hope against the storm, and the comforting care of the Heavenly Father, particularly when the two paintings are seen together. 

36" x 48"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas
Edges painted black

Right about the time this project got underway in earnest, I personally experienced a couple of circumstances that cannot be fixed. I have told you in this blog, probably way too many times, about the devastation in our woods. There is still trouble in my heart when I go back there to walk, or when I see the sun shining through in places where there were trees before. But at that time, I started to ask God to somehow redeem the situation. Though I do not expect to see Him place huge old trees back on their feet there in that gash, I have been watching with hope to see how He will use my broken heartedness to communicate His goodness. Words will not even begin to express what I am trying to say, but maybe you can see in this painting that He has begun to bring me comfort. Maybe He will use this painting to somehow bring some comfort to some who are suffering in the hospital. That would be so rewarding to me!

Both of the paintings in this pairing are inspired by the same verse from the New Testament. Romans 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.



Comments