Surprised

Surprised


"This is one of the first layers on this painting, but I love it so much, I just can't keep going yet," I said to my Beloved Husband. He had asked me about this new painting which is hanging where I can see it when we eat our meals. I often hang unfinished work there to get an idea of what to do next with it. "I like it," he told me. 

I had started it as another "progressive painting" where I paint a little more each day or two until either someone buys the painting, or I just like it so much that I decide it is finished. The problem is, it might already be at that point! 


11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame


We had the opportunity to see both of our kids this past weekend, when our son led the music for the Sunday morning service at the church where our daughter attends and serves. What a treat that was! Our daughter sang along with the worship team, and I thoroughly enjoyed it all. In response to part of the Lenten practice that we were invited to in the service, we shared a meal with our kids and some of their friends. (In this case, sharing food as a celebration of Jesus' resurrection is part of the focus of these days before Easter.) It was a pleasure to meet and eat with these new young friends. And, by the way, they like this painting at this stage too. 

The color here is such a deep, beautiful red violet color, and I love the way it changes intensity toward the bottom of the shape that marches across the surface. I don't know if I can express how much enjoyment I get out of having a painting like this that surprises me with how much I love it at an early stage. It is such a delight, and I hope you feel it too!

Comments