Throwback to Snowing at Gravesend, 2021

Snowing at Gravesend, 2021

For several days now, the weather prognosticators in our area have been telling us that a winter storm is coming our way. One tongue-in-cheek reference I saw said that we were expecting 1" - 85" of snow in the next 3 days. Last night, my Beloved Husband had an errand to run, and he decided to stop at the grocery store to pick up a couple of essentials, but the lines were extremely long, so he didn't get all that he wanted to. As I type, the clouds have just spread over the area, though it still looks pleasant outside. 

Almost a year ago I first posted this painting that is titled Snowing at Gravesend, and in that post I talked a bit about the excitement I saw in another artist as he was outside in snowy weather in his city. His exuberance was contagious! I watched his video several times just for the joy I saw in him. 

9" x 12"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame


I love the variety of color and texture in this painting. The underneath layers were in warm tones of red, orange, and magenta, and the last layers were primarily the cool blue tones that remind me of the ocean. The painting looks good displayed either horizontally or vertically, and has delightful texture, especially for a painting on paper.


I hope that I can also celebrate the beauty of a snowfall if this storm indeed comes our way! 

Comments