The Answer is No

The Answer is No

If you follow me on social media, you know that this last week and a half has been very full. It has been really good, and also I am ready for some studio time. 

This painting has been in my studio for such a long time! It has been through so many layers and transformations that I very much doubt anyone could copy it, no matter how much he wanted to. 

11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Contact me to purchase.

The verse that is collaged here is Proverbs 37:4ff Have your delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him too, and He will bring it about...

I have lately been thinking about all of the things that I have asked of God that have received the answer "No". So many, many starts have been set aside and then refocused in different directions. And, can I just say, I am so glad? I cannot imagine a situation or job that would have been a better fit for me than the place I am now. I cannot imagine a home that could be better than mine. But these are not the things I asked for. At all. 

The Answer is No, framed

Similarly, when I started on this painting, I thought I knew where I wanted it to go. And over and over again, I could see that my plan wasn't working and I would cover over the whole thing and start over. This has built up layer after layer of texture and paint that has formed a work that cannot be copied. 

The painting is signed and ready to frame, but I am not sure yet whether the Great Artist, my loving Heavenly Father, has finished making new layers and textures in my life. Though He may choose not to give me what I ask for, I trust Him to give me exactly the right things to bring about the beauty He wants in my life. He will give me the desires of my heart. 

Detail A

Detail B


Comments