Studio updates

Every Good Gift

 For whatever reason, I have been really struggling to keep up with my online work. I do miss "talking to" all of you on a regular basis, that's for sure! I would like to bring you up to date on a few happenings from my studio. 

One piece of news I would like to share with you is that this painting, Every Good Gift, has been juried into the SALI National Abstract Exhibition XVII for this year. It will be on display in Indianapolis for the month of October in an exhibit of all abstract paintings. It is always a pleasure when I can attend in person and see a lot of abstract art, so I am looking forward to the opening on October 1.

Also, as part of the Fort Wayne Artists Guild, I have had work on display at the Jefferson Pointe Mall for the last several months, and have sold some pieces there too. (Woot!) I have been invited to display some of my paintings at The Landing in Fort Wayne beginning August 21. (Not sure yet which pieces will be displayed there.) I am looking forward to seeing this new venue!

I am honored and thrilled that my painting Wait in Silence was claimed from my Instagram post, and is already on its way to its new home. It is so significant to me when a work sells before it is exhibited for people to see in real life. This one seems to have struck a chord with many people, and I am so delighted with that. 

Wait in Silence


I have three larger works in my studio that are almost ready to be released, but they are not quite at the point where I am ready to call them finished. I have begun transitioning to painting mostly large paintings, and it means fewer blog posts, and maybe less frequent newsletters coming out. Though I regret not communicating directly as frequently, I am very excited with the larger works that are coming along, and I hope you will get a chance to see them in person one of these days! 

And, finally for today's post, I want to share a verse from the Psalms that has been so helpful to me lately. Maybe you will find it encouraging too. 
Psalm 116:7
Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.

Comments