Hidden

Hidden

I probably should have known when, first thing in the morning, I dropped the container and my morning prescription rolled down the drain. It wasn't my day. Next, the phone call I tried to make went straight to voice mail, and then I proceeded to run my errands, making errors at every stop. And you would have thought I would have known better than to go for a new haircut style on a day like that! (I think I will like it. It is actually not much different from what I have had. But still... )

24" x 24"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

As I mentioned yesterday, I have been working on a pair of new paintings for a while now in my studio, and I think they are finally ready to release! They are so similar to each other, and will work well either as a diptych or individually. They both are paintings about being hidden or covered. 
The ideas I was mulling over as I worked had more to do with these synonyms for "hide": harbor, shelter, provide safety, cover, safeguard. Also, I thought of hiding, or tucking away something precious or carrying a keepsake in a pocket, close and hidden.

There are little sections of the painting that have iridescent copper accents "hidden" in with the other colors. The copper is there to be seen, but it is not the first thing you see when you look at the painting. To me, these accents are the perfect finishing touches, without which the painting seems incomplete. 
Hidden and
Hiding Place


On these days when I drop things, and make significant errors, and am just generally discombobulated, boy am I grateful that my Heavenly Father loves me and hides me in His care. 

Psalm 17:7-8 
Wondrously show Your lovingkindness,
O Savior of those who take refuge at Your right hand
From those who rise up against them.
Keep me as the apple of the eye;
Hide me in the shadow of Your wings

Psalm 31:16 Make Your face to shine upon Your servant;
Save me in Your lovingkindness.

Psalm 119:94
I am Yours, save me;
For I have sought Your precepts.

Comments